Today I’ll be sharing: A Brief Primer on Allergy Testing, Doctors, Reactions, Symptoms, and Advocacy
Helpful Resources on RAISE
- 4 Day Food Rotation Diet & Guide
- Glossary of Terms: Allergy, Diagnosis, & Medical Terms & Definitions
- 10 Day Food Journal
This will be a brief primer, as these topics are pretty big. RAISE has lots of resources to help you with these topics, including Guides and Allergy Seminars.
Some of the topics I’ll cover today:
- Food journals are critical. There are hundreds of symptoms outside of anaphylaxis.
- Neutral is the goal, work towards understanding the root cause and treat it if possible.
- Reasons to walk away from a doctor
- Fully informed consent
- You are your child’s sword and shield, don’t be dismissed or belittled
Video player not working? Click here for the direct link.